Friday, February 11, 2011

Fun Friday - the Podcast Editition!

I listen to several Podcasts on Marketing. There are three I listen to religiously. And a few I listen to when I can, and wish I could more due to time constraints. All are worth your time. You can learn an immense amount of marketing insight and current industry developments from most. One is just so delightfully irreverent that if they did not discuss Marketing I wouldn't care.


Start with my longest running favorite The Beancast hosted by Bob Knorpp (@thebeancast) out of North Carolina. Not only is Bob a great guy personally he somehow gets many of the best minds in Marketing onto his show, with people from around the world. Bob is really smart and always comes up with topics that are relevant to today. He is such a good moderator I tell him it's is very much like NPR's Left, Right and Center but much more lively and brisk with the banter. Many of the bloggers listed on the left have been on his show. It comes out every Monday and is available on ITunes or his Website.

Next is Bill Green (@MTLB) of Make the Logo Bigger and Angela Natividad (@LucktheLady) of Live and Uncensored. Angela is a California ExPat living the life in Paris, and Bill is an Buffalo via Connecticut ExPat now living the life in South Carolina. They are hilarious and definitely my best friends I have never met in person yet. Angela reminds me of the elites of acerbic wit and timely discourse, and Bill is very North East blunt say it as it is and not afraid to say. The show is uncensored though it varies from a very serious nature with some guests to complete hilarious chaos. You can subscribe on ITunes or at their Blog. They also get world wide guests most recently @Sandmonkey who through a mutual friend of Angela's became her friendslong before the uprising in Egypt that he became a fairly prolific participant. To prove Adverve's irreverence it used to come out on Wednesday, then sometimes Thursday or sometimes Friday. Now it is coming out Mondays. They also cover anything from Politics, News, Movies, Technology, PR, Environmental Disaster, Design, Art, Journalism, War Photography, and sometimes Marketing.

This is R Rated but as an Ode to Adverve I created a special movie for them:



Next is the Quick-n-Dirty Podcast which is hosted by Aaron Strout - CMO of Powered part of the Dachis Group (@aaronstrout) and Kyle Flaherty of Breaking Point (@kyleflaherty). Kyle is the new Co-Host replacing Jennifer Leggio from ZDnet (@mediaphyter) who founded the Podcast with Aaron. Aaron and Kyle are Boston transplants living in Austin, Tx big Patriots fans and yet somehow I still like them a lot, great peeps and very smart! It takes place on Thursdays live at 3pm on Blog Talk Radio. During the show you can log in and participate in the Chat Room. The format specifically focuses on Social Media and Mobile, with the occasional broader Marketing topic. They usually have a special guest and a Tweeter of the day. The chat room can get rambunctious and they cover a lot of ground in 30 mins. To get a taste of the format I also made a wonderful movie of the Podcast, though of course I need to make a new one with Lyle replacing Jennifer!


I will cover more Podcasts in next Friday. I figured I just sucked 2.5 hours of time from your week as it is that you are never, ever getting back! But worth every penny. Oh wait they are free. But nothing comes free. What's the catch. Plain old addiction that will benefit your career. If there is such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment